I'm Currently Working On
STATES OF THE NOTES
I've borrowed an idea from Topobon using icons to visually represent the growth-state of each note:
|Thoughts/notes barely started.||Notes that have a substantial amount of content but need much more work/thought.||Coherent thoughts/expressions that are - more or less - complete.|
Latest thing I'm thinking about:
- Good and Excellent Teaching
- Changes to AQA English Literature GCSE for 2025
- Princess and the Hustler by Chinonyerem Odimba
What I'm revisiting:
Here are some other things I'm thinking about:
- Progress 8
- Accelerated Reader
- Are Knowledge Organisers useful?
- Boys Don't Try
- Boys in English
- Dialogic Classroom
- Disciplinary Literacy
- Does student wellbeing affect exam performance?
- Drama Texts for Key Stage 3
- English Teachers in a Postwar Democracy
- Grammar Schools
- Hattie - Influences on Student Achievement
- How should Shakespeare be taught_
- Is UK's exam system best way of assessing?
- Jungian psychology and English
- Newbolt and the construction of subject English
- Making Every English Lesson Count
- OFSTED Subject Reviews Summaries
- Planning an English (Literary) Curriculum
- Reading Aloud in Class
- Rhizomatic learning
- Should we teach Grammar?
- Teach to the Top
- Teaching sounds in English
- The History of English teaching
- The Newbolt Report (1921)
- Vocabulary and Behaviour
- What is English teaching?
- What is Learning?
- What is Mastery?
- What is the best way to teach vocabulary?
- Why do we teach English?
- Why is Challenge important?